- Who processes your personal data collected through this website?
ATEX Explosion Hazards Ltd., whose registered office is located at Unit 7 Cranford Court, Hardwick Grange, Woolston, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 4RX, United Kingdom, (hereinafter referred to as “ATEXEHL” or as “we” or “us”) is responsible for the processing the personal data belong to you (the “User(s)” or “You”).
Your personal data refers to any information that would allow us to identify you, either directly or indirectly and which is collected through this website or our Android or IOS mobile applications.
You can contact us by post at the above address or by email to email@example.com as well as by phone on +44 192 575 5153.
- Who is our designated Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
Declan Barry – firstname.lastname@example.org. All matters relating to privacy and data protection will be dealt with by Declan.
- Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with.
- For our clients, we process data:
- To provide you with an explosion protection consultancy service;
- To provide, install and support explosion protection products;
- To provide you with reminders when equipment we have installed requires servicing;
- To manage your invoices;
- To manage the payment of arrears;
- To manage potential claims;
- There may also be limited circumstances where our legal basis for processing is your
consent (where we have sought it and you have provided it to us), in which case you can
withdraw your consent at any time.
- We share this data with our customer relationship management system provider. We may also send you emails through our email service provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose.
- We may also share certain parts of your data with, where applicable to your circumstances, other consultants and/or sub-contractors.
- Promotional and marketing activities, upon your consent, namely:
- the sending of email and SMS for special promotions/deals as well as customised advertisements and promotions that are targeted to your specific interest about ATEXEHL products/services;
- the sending of ATEXEHL newsletters;
- the management and update of ATEXEHL’s customers/prospects database
- Direct marketing processing, i.e. any commercial message from ATEXEHL aiming at promoting ATEXEHL services, are subject to your express consent.
- if you are already an existing ATEXEHL customer and that the message concerns services similar to those you have already purchased, the underlying processing will not be based on your consent but on ATEXEHL’s “legitimate interest”; and
- the sending of transactional emails (concerning for example the updating of the our Terms and Conditions, the confirmation of a service appointment booking, etc.) that are necessary for the performance of the Contract between you and ATEXEHL
- The processing of personal data for the purpose of law enforcement
- Should any willful act of misconduct, fraud or criminal offence be perpetrated against ATEXEHL, personal data could be used, under certain circumstances, for ascertaining individual responsibilities and transferred to competent authorities.
- In addition, your personal data may be processed for the purpose of fulfilling duties and obligations laid down in applicable laws and regulations. The User declares to be aware that ATEXEHL may be required to reveal personal data upon request of the relevant public authorities.
- For your full information, ATEXEHL carries out certain processing of your personal information through “cookies” and other tracers collected every time you visit ATEXEHL website. These processing are governed by ATEXEHL Cookies Policy, which we encourage you to review. You can accept or reject these cookies and other tracers by following the instructions provided in ATEXEHL Cookies Policy.
- Links to Other Sites:
- Our website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
- This privacy statement applies only to personal information collected by this website or provided to ATEXEHL by our clients.
- Who are the data recipients of the personal information we collect about you?
- Categories of recipients
Your personal data will be disclosed, as necessary and/or relevant to:
- the sub-processors of ATEXEHL, which are third-party service providers that collect data in order to help ATEXEHL in providing you with its products/services. The main IT service providers are:
- Google Inc., in particular for hosting services and business applications.
- Zoho Corporation for Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, Helpdesk Support and Business Intelligence applications
- Microsoft for email communication and productivity systems
- SmartCloud for assistance with our Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Palmer Creative for assistance with web hosting and development
- ATEXEHL can also disclose your personal data to the extent required by law and/or by competent authorities.
- The Data communicated is limited to that which is strictly necessary to provide our services. The communication of such Data shall be limited to that which is required to allow ATEXEHL to meet its contractual and legal obligations. Whenever Your personal data is shared with a third-party, ATEXEHL will only do so after entering into a contract with the third-party in which the latter undertakes to protect all personal data using appropriate security measures and not to use that personal data for purposes other than those disclosed above.
- International transfers:
- As necessary or useful to provide you with ATEXEHL products/services, ATEXEHL may – for the purposes set forth herein – transfer your personal data outside the EU to third-parties.
- Depending on the case, certain recipients may be located in countries which have been recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of data protection or in countries which has not been recognized as ensuring such a level of protection. In any case, ATEXEHL has put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, in compliance with the EU regulation no.2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation”).
- Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to
certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via the contact details
at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at
any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission (https://www.dataprotection.ie) while in the UK it is the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk).
- Requirement to process personal data
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot
provide you with explosion protection services, install, support and maintain equipment or assist you in any meaningful way.
- Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
- How does ATEX Explosion Hazards Limited protect your personal data?
ATEXEHL is committed to protecting the information it collects through this website.
In particular, ATEXEHL uses appropriate physical, technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss of or destruction of or damage to your personal data.
ATEXEHL’s systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to the ATEXEHL website over the Internet, your data is protected by the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption/decryption to ensure safe transmission.